Review: For Skin's Sake Protect Weightless Sunscreen

We all have been there - looking for the perfect sunscreen that has a heavenly texture but still has high SPF to protect our skin, and I think I might have found one.



Months ago, For Skin's Sake - a local Indonesian brand, released Protect Weightless Sunscreen, their newest product until today. I tried the mini and I loved it, so I ended up buying the full-sized tube and I'm ready to write a review now.

If you're interested, keep reading!
When looking for a sunscreen, I want something lightweight and effective, I prefer my sunscreens to smell nice and has no white cast.



This product is a water-based sunscreen, formulated to be ultra-lightweight, fast-absorbing and it has a high level of protection against UV rays. The brand itself even claims that this sunscreen does not leave any white cast and greasiness. This sunscreen also contains beneficial ingredients like niacinamide and centella asiatica extract.

It comes in a squeeze tube. The tube is pretty slim so it's very travel friendly. 



The sunscreen itself has a light, creamy texture. It feels like a light lotion instead of your typical sunscreen. It doesn't have that typical sunscreen scent either, it smells like lavender instead. I personally enjoy the lavender scent, but it disappears rather quickly. 

Once applied on the skin, it absorbs quickly and it does not leave any weird residue and film on top of the skin. I have a combination skin, and I find that this sunscreen does not make my skin greasier or drier. It is very pleasant to apply and use.


Due to its' lightweight texture, it's very easy to pat into the skin. It does not cause pilling at all, it can be used under makeup and everything will be just fine. Despite the oh so lightweight and pleasant texture, this sunscreen actually has SPF 50 PA++++ which is quite high!

Overall, I really enjoy this sunscreen (and I was surprised by it as well). It's lightweight, it smells nice, it offers high protection against UV rays and it doesn't have any residue and white cast. However, it is important to note that this sunscreen is not waterproof, so if you're planning to go swimming or get really sweaty, I don't think this is for you.

My day is usually the same, I stay chained to my desk 8 hours a day everyday of the week. I've been using this everyday for a hot minute and honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about it (which is rare coming from me LOL).

A lot of people think this is a broad spectrum sunscreen, but I'm not sure, the only UV filter it has is Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, which is uvinul a plus - meaning it protects our skin against UVA rays, I'm not sure about UVB, though. Still a great sunscreen in my opinion. Also, this particular filter is an excellent one for UVA.

I would repurchase this because my day-to-day activity is mostly indoors and doesn't involve any water sports anyway. You can get this from their official website, their official e-commerce stores or Sociolla. If you decide to shop at Sociolla, don't forget to use my code SBN055CFE for a 50k off your purchase*.


Comments