Review: Dior Forever Undercover Foundation

Dior beauty is one of my favorite makeup and skincare brands, aside from their luxurious and glamorous packaging, most of their products that I have tried are surprisingly good, but are all of them good?



Hi everyone! Today I am reviewing the Dior Forever Undercover Foundation! I know it's way too late, this foundation has been around for quite some time now, but I just got it last month and I've worn it enough to finally review it, if you're interested in how this Dior foundation is, keep reading!
I initially bought this because the packaging reminds me of one of my favorite foundations, the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. However, the two are completely different products, so if you're reading this thinking that it's similar, it's not.


Let's see what Dior has to say about this product, shall we?
According to Dior, this is one of their most extreme wear foundation. It's a water-based foundation that offers full coverage with lightweight formula. It claims to give you a natural matte second skin finish. It is said to have a very fluid texture and high concentration of pigments - in fact, this foundation contains the highest amount of pigment compared to other Dior foundations. The water-based formula gives you a weightless finish for 24 hours (allegedly). It is available in 25 shades.



This foundation comes in a rectangular plastic bottle with a cap. When you twist open the cap there is a nozzle, and you have to squeeze the product out. I find it quite convenient, the nozzle's pretty decent so it's easy to control the amount of product you want to dispense. The plastic bottle is also see-through, so you can see how much you have left, convenient. I like this packaging, although I like pumps, nozzles are fine too, you know.



The formula is quite watery but not very runny. It does feel lightweight on the skin, it spreads easily. I like applying this with either a buffing brush or a damp beauty sponge. What I usually do is I dispense the foundation at the back of my hand, and then I use my fingers to apply and spread it on my face, and then I go in with either the brush or the sponge and just blend it in.

It feels very lightweight on the skin, I have to say I agree with Dior, it's weightless. However, the finish is not "natural matte" or "second skin", it's just matte. It's clearly matte, nothing natural or skin-like about it. Whenever I see the word "second skin" I immediately think of NARS Sheer Glow or Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, not this.

Despite being matte, this foundation is comfortable to wear, I did not wear it for 24 hours (that's skin suicide), but I did wear it for 9 hours and it stays on. It's lasts pretty damn long without being uncomfortable.



I have one issue with this product. The shade range. I know Dior has 25 shades, but here in Indonesia they only have like 6? I got the shade 020, which is the closest match for me available in both Sephora an Dior Indonesia, and it's too dark and too yellow on me (I have neutral undertones). As you can see in the picture above, it doesn't match my skin, it's too dark and the yellow undertone is too strong, also you can see how matte it is.

Now onto what I have to say about this foundation..
I like the lightweight feeling of this foundation, I like how easy it spreads and blends, I kinda like the coverage and I like how comfortable this feels, how long this lasts, but I do not like the finish - I don't hate it, I just don't like it, it's too matte for my liking. I also don't like the shade range available in Indonesia.

If you like your foundations matte, lightweight and high coverage, this will NOT disappoint you. It's just not for me, I like foundations with dewy or skin-like finish, semi-matte or satin is the furthest I'll go, this is just too matte for me. Also, if you can find your shade here in Indonesia, lucky you!

I won't buy this again, thank you for the experiment, Dior. I enjoyed using this product but I'm just not into the finish. 

This foundation retails for IDR 775,000 in both Sephora and Dior stores. 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @alexandracgunawan and I'm also reviewing a bunch of stuff on Sociolla, find me @alexacgunawan in soco.id or tap the banner on the right side of this page!

Comments