Review: Mad for Makeup Super Better Blender | Gin and Glow

I love using makeup sponges to apply my makeup, especially foundation, concealer and other cream products. It gives me a more natural finish, no streaks and it's just so fun to bounce, but not all sponges are created equal and sold at an equal price, so today I'm going to review this very interesting sponge.

Mad for Makeup is a local brand that makes and sells beauty products at a good price point. Mad for Makeup does not have a physical offline store, however they are available in the Sociolla Flagship store.

Mad for Makeup has around 3 sponges right now, Even Better Blender, Super Better Blender and Fluffy Monster Blender. Today I am reviewing their Super Better Blender, the sponge inspired by their first ever sponge, Even Better Blender.

If you're interested in the review, please keep reading!

Super Better Blender (dry) by Mad for Makeup

The Super Better Blender is smaller (according to them, it's 30% smaller than usual beauty sponges) and softer than Even Better Blender. Because of it's small size, it's way more compact and it claims to absorb less makeup (surface area, physics, you know the drill). While Even Better Blender looks like the standard egg-shaped sponge, Super Better Blender is triple sided - it has a flat side so it's more versatile for whatever product you're using. 

The dimension of this product is roughly around 4.5 x 3 cm, it's non-latex, non-silicone and hypoallergenic. You can use this sponge for foundation, cream products, concealer and powder. Just like any other beauty sponges, wet them first.

So when I opened the box I was a little shook, it's very small. I wet it and it did expand, but still smaller compared to other sponges. I was worried that it won't perform as good as other sponges but again I'm shook.

Due to the compact and small size, this product - in my opinion, absorbs less product and is very easy to use. It's equally bouncy, the flat side is perfect for patting in foundation AND also powder. It gives me a higher coverage compared to regular sponges (maybe because it's smaller in size compared to similar sponges, it absorbs less water, therefore your makeup doesn't get sheered out). The small size also makes it good for travelling, also it's black (I prefer black sponges because they look less dirty after usage, yes I am aware I have to wash sponges regularly, but tbh I can't do that right after I do my makeup every single time).

Super Better Blender (damp) 

I'm scared but this might be my new favorite sponge. This one retails for IDR 70,000 but sometimes it goes on sale too. Available on Sociolla and Mad for Makeup stores in several e-commerces. I recommend shopping on Sociolla because stuff often go on sale, it's free shipping, and that website has lots of items from so many different brands. 

Comments