Review: For Skin's Sake Matrixyl 3000 Eye Gel | Gin and Glow

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been gone for a very long time. I've been quite busy with getting my life together and then bam, coronavirus paid a visit to our country. However, today I'm back with another - you guessed it - product review!



For Skin's Sake is one of my favorite local skincare brands. Their products are good quality, packaged properly and they're pretty affordable for the quality. Today I'll be reviewing their eye cream (or gel), the Matrixyl 3000 Eye Gel.

I've been looking for a great eye cream that is affordable. I don't have much issue with dark circles, however, I tend to get puffy eyes, especially in the morning, making me look tired. Also, I'm in my mid 20s now and I have to start getting into the anti-aging game.

If you're interested in what I think of this product, keep reading!


For Skin's Sake Matrixyl 3000 Eye Gel utilizes Matrixyl 3000 as it's main ingredient. It's a specific type of peptide that has been proven to fight aging. It stimulates collagen production and repairs damages, leaving the skin firmer, smoother and younger-looking. It claims to help with fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and sagginess.



Just by looking at the packaging, I can tell that For Skin's Sake really did put in a lot of work into this product. It's a solid, minimalistic glass jar. It's not bulky at all, but it doesn't feel cheap. I also dropped it once and it didn't break, so yeah...



As for the product itself, the product has a very lightweight gel texture, it's white-ish and it absorbs very quickly into the skin. It has this cooling sensation when applied and I feel like my eye area is slightly tighter/firmer and more hydrated like, instantly. It's non-greasy and it has no fragrance to it, which is great because you don't want fragrance around your eyes!



It is formulated with, as I stated before, Matrixyl 3000 and plant stem cells as well as argan oil. I know that stem cells are beneficial, but as far as I know more tests and studies need to be done on plant stem cells' benefits in skincare. However, the special peptide Matrixyl 3000 has been studied and studies show that it helps with aging.



If you are concerned, this product is not only fragrance free, but it's also dye, paraben and cruelty free.

After 2 months of using this product, I find that it helps with my puffy eyes. It de-puffs my under eye area rather quickly, it's non greasy, non sticky and very lightweight. Compared to Joylab Beauty Eye on Diet eye cream, I find this one more effective. This is a great product for the price point, the small jar lasted me for 2 months (and more because I haven't even finish this jar yet). You can store it in the fridge for some extra cooling sensation but I didn't because my fridge is downstairs. I use this twice a day, morning and night.

Have you tried this product yet? Or any product from For Skin's Sake? Let me know in the comment section below!

Comments