Review: Secondate Beauty Milky Gel Lip Tint | Gin and Glow

Secondate has undoubtedly become one of Indonesia's hottest beauty brands. Co-founded by a well-known YouTuber, Titan Tyra, their lip tints were all sold out in under 7 minutes during their first launch.


They eventually restocked in August 31st and I managed to grab a few for myself. Today I'll be reviewing this new cult favorite lip tints. They're very, very hyped and now I shall put them to the test, are they really worth the hype?


Mikly Gel Lip Tint is described as a lip tint with a gel texture, making them different from most lip tints in the market that tend to come in very liquid or watery form. Available in 5 different shades ranging from a bright peach to a burgundy (brunch, picnic, gallery, naughty, netflixx).

The packaging is simple yet cute, however not very practical. It's a nude pill-shaped tube. The tube is opaque so it's not possible to see how much product is left inside. The packaging also has this velvety matte finish to it, so it might get dirty quickly. If the product leaks out, it will also stain the packaging and that would be very hard to clean.




The applicator is perfect - the wand is not flimsy and the applicator itself is shaped in a way that makes it very precise. I kinda wished the wand was a bit longer because that would allow a way more precise application without getting product on my hands. But I still find the applicator amazing nonetheless. 


Top: Naughty, Bottom: Netflixx


Now the shades I got are Naughty and Netflixx, the 2 darkest shades. Naughty is described as an earthy wine color while Netflixx is described as a burgundy berry. I find the shade description accurate, Naughty looks like a beautiful, vibrant brick red on me and Netflixx looks like an elegant burgundy shade - kinda reminds me of MAC Diva. These lip tints are very pigmented, I find the pigmentation equal to Dior Lip Tattoos. 

The texture is indeed unique. It's still a liquid but it also feels like gel (like a watered down gel). Surprisingly, it's also non-drying and very comfortable to wear. I like the texture too, because it feels good on the lips & I think the gel texture helps with color intensity. However gel texture also has disadvantages, I love applying this all over my lips (full-lip application), and on my first try, this product ended up clotting and clumping at certain spots on my lips, I assume due to the gel texture. I eventually found out the hack, apply 1 coat, let dry and apply a second coat. Never apply too much too fast. But if you're more into the sheer finish (apply in the center and blend out with fingers), clotting and clumping won't be an issue for you.

I personally love the lip tints, especially the 2 shades I got. 



Comments