Review: Elsheskin Deep Hydration Calming Moisturizer | Gin and Glow

Elsheskin is a well
-known local Indonesian beauty brand and last month Elsheskin launched their newest (and cutest) product to date, two moisturizers. One for oilier skin types and the other one for normal to dry skin, which I will be reviewing today.


This moisturizer quickly made its way to my heart, from the adorable pink packaging down to the amazing formulation & ingredients, keep on reading to know more!

This moisturizer is designed for normal to dry skin types. It claims to provide intense hydration, soothe & moisturize the skin while preventing TEWL (transepidermal water loss) up to 13.5%. Elsheskin also stated that this moisturizer is sensitive skin friendly and safe to use for eczema, dermatitis and rosacea.



The key ingredients include: AquaxylTM (boosts hydration levels), ceramide (for stronger skin barrier), niacinamide (brightening), saccharide isomerate (long lasting hydration), peptide (firming), zinc gluconate (redness-reducing) and 4 calming ingredients: cica, purslane, royal jelly and calendula flower.

The packaging is an airtight pump with a tube. I personally love this type of packaging, not only it reminds me of my favorite skincare product from Allies of Skin, it's also slim, travel friendly, more hygienic than jars and the light pink color is just too adorable. 




The moisturizer is white and it has a light cream texture and it feels like a light lotion - although it's considered lightweight, it still has this emollient feel that helps lock in hydration & moisture into the skin. It has no scent at all and it does not feel greasy or sticky.

When I first used it, I thought this was pretty light for very dry skin, but I guess it's pretty good for combination, normal and normal-to-dry skin. It feels nice on the skin, light and comfortable, but at the same time I can also feel it sealing hydration, moisture and everything else from my previous skincare products into my skin. The next morning I also notice that the redness around the sides of my nose and lips are way less red.

After testing the moisturizer for a couple of weeks, I can say that this is a good moisturizer because it does what it claims to do: it hydrates, it moisturizes and it soothes the skin very well. The hydration is good and it calms the skin pretty well, however, the moisture might be too light for dry or very dry skin, I have combination skin (leaning more towards dry) and this works just fine in the morning, but some nights I feel like adding a few drops of face oil for some extra moisture.




Since this moisturizer does not contain actives, it's really nice to use in conjunction with exfoliants and even retinol. I also love the fact that although it's light, it can still lock in moisture into my skin throughout the day. It wears well under sunscreen & makeup and it does not pill. It also works very well if your skin barrier is compromised because this is gentle, calming but rich in terms of formula (light in texture).

If I can give one input, it would be nice if the texture is slightly thicker, just a little bit. I will definitely repurchase this next time but not so soon, I still have a bunch of other moisturizers I have to go through!


Comments