Review: Omega Butter Deep Cleansing Balm | Gin and Glow

Somethinc is one of my favorite local brands because they are very innovative and they drop new, interesting products quite frequently. Double cleansing is a very popular cleansing method and is crucial in maintaining healthy skin, so when Somethinc released 3 cleansing products, I was excited!




The product I'll be reviewing today is Somethinc Omega Butter Deep Cleansing Balm. Actually, Somethinc has 3 first cleansers, Omega Butter Deep Cleansing Balm, Alpha Squalaneoxidant Cleansing Oil and Reset Gentle Micellar Cleansing Water, but the 1balm really caught my attention and I ended up with one.

The packaging is very adorable and unique. I love the blue and gold color story and it also has a separate compartment to store the spatula it comes with! This is really cool, because I always lose spatulas. From my observation, this packaging looks like it is refillable, but I'm not sure. The spatula itself is decent-sized, the shape is also OK to scoop out products.





Omega Butter Deep Cleansing Balm is described as a vegan balm cleanser, infused with antioxidants & botanical extracts to remove dirt, sunscreen, makeup & excess sebum in 20 seconds without leaving any residue.

Key Ingredients:
  • Sea buckthorn oil (rich in Omega 3, 6, 9, is an antioxidant, contains vitamin A and E that can soothe & nourish the skin).
  • Mugwort extract (an excellent anti-inflammatory ingredient to calm the skin and reduce redness).
  • Apple seed oil (rich in fatty acids that are good for the skin and it also contains natural AHAs).
  • Centella asiatica extract (the OG calming ingredient to help soothe the skin, reduce inflammation & redness).
The balm is yellow because of the high concentration of sea buckthorn oil. It feels extremely soft and buttery, once massaged into the skin, it melts into a cleansing-oil-like substance that removes makeup, sunscreen, dirt and whatever pretty quickly. I did not use a timer so I am not sure about the 20 second claim, but to me it feels quick enough.

It removes makeup very well, even waterproof mascaras and stubborn lip tints. It feels super nice on the skin, it smells fresh and citrusy, something like bergamot, and it does not leave any residue - I pat my face with those oil-blotting sheets right after rinsing and there's nothing on them. Despite the great cleansing ability, it does not strip my skin, in fact, my skin felt nice and soft.


I have to admit that initially I was drawn to the packaging, but the more I use it, the more I love this cleansing balm. Although it's a balm, it feels so soft and buttery, it melts away everything without leaving any residue and my skin felt soft and supple right after. It feels slightly different to the other cleansing balms I've tried, most balms I've tried has a sherbet-like texture and they usually melt into a milky substance, however Omega Butter Deep Cleansing Balm felt softer and melts into something like a cleansing oil. On top of that, the citrusy/bergamot scent makes the whole cleansing experience amazing. Definitely will repurchase - OK I lied, I've bought another jar already!

Have you tried anything from Somethinc's Cleansing Series? 

Comments