Review: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask | Gin and Glow

Hi there! I'm so excited writing this because I'm going to review one of my favorite face masks from one of my favorite brands. It's the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask!

review fresh beauty lotus youth preserve mask

Fresh beauty was born in Boston, and ever since they have been making amazing skincare products that are safe and effective, each designed for any skin concerns and needs. Fresh also believes that beauty should be indulgent, which explains the amazing texture and scent of their products.


To be honest, I love Fresh's face masks. But today I'm reviewing this one since I've been using it quite often. According to Fresh, this mask is a facial in a jar that targets rough, dull and uneven skin for a brighter and smoother complexion. It's a multi benefit mask that smoothes and hydrates the skin made with a blend of kombu seaweed, lotus seed powder and red algae to gently buff and refine the skin.

Interested in the review? Keep reading!

The product comes in a luxurious frosted glass jar, and it's see-through so you kinda know when you're about to run out. Does not come with a spatula, so if you want to be extra hygienic you can use a spatula but I personally just wash my hands first before applying it.

review fresh beauty lotus youth preserve mask


The mask has a gritty cream texture, it's creamy with some tiny fine particles to help physically exfoliate the skin. To apply it, cleanse your face, and then apply a generous layer to damp skin using circular motions and leave it for five minutes, after that add warm water, massage and rinse. After 5 minutes, the mask dries and becomes slightly transparent. I don't find it tightening or drying.

fresh beauty lotus youth preserve rescue mask review


I actually enjoy this mask even though I am not a big fan of physical exfoliation. The exfoliating particles in this mask is gentle but effective, therefore I can tolerate it. But what surprises me is that this mask is indeed facial in a jar. Aside from gently buffing away dead skin cells and refining the skin, this mask also provides decent amount of hydration. In other words, this mask is hydrating, exfoliating and refreshing.

After rinsing the mask, I noticed that my skin looks more hydrated, less tired, feels softer and smoother and my skin glows. The exfoliation is gentle yet effective, no redness involved. Since it's a cream mask, it doesn't strip my skin dry.

I really love this one because it's like hydrating face mask and exfoliating face mask combined. The fact that you only need 5 minutes to use this mask is also brilliant because sometimes I want to apply a face mask and then I remember I have to wait 10-15 minutes. Nah. This one is quick and effective at the same time. My skin literally feels way smoother and softer and looks radiant.


The only issue I have with this mask is the smell. I thought it's going to smell very refreshing but it actually smells like seaweed and I can detect a tiny bit of cucumber. But it doesn't bother me that much. Adding more fragrance would increase the risk of irritation and allergic reactions.

Have you tried this mask or any mask from Fresh? What's your favorite? What's on your list?



Comments