Review: COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

Sleeping mask has been trending for years, I first saw K-beauty brands releasing sleeping masks, notably Laneige. These days, western brands and even local brands have released their very own overnight mask.



Today I would like to review one of my favorite sleeping masks of all time, the COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask. COSRX is a K-beauty brand that, in my opinion, focuses on ingredients. Most of their products are fragrance free and sensitive-skin friendly. If you're interested, keep on reading!
I first heard about COSRX from one of my best friends, she's into K-beauty and I have to thank her for introducing me to the amazing world of K-beauty.

COSRX has two sleeping masks, this one and the Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask. I have both and I like both but these days I tend to reach for this one more than the other. Okay, now back to the review.

This mask comes in a tube packaging which I find hygienic and practical. I don't have to dip my fingers in, therefore less risk of contamination and it's very travel friendly. The tube is not too big so it's easier to fit in my luggage. It also doesn't take much space in my vanity. The tube itself is pretty basic, I find it minimalistic and simple.

The texture is unique. Most sleeping masks I have tried have a gel-like texture (the honey one from COSRX, the Laneige water sleeping masks), but this one is like a lotion. I find it pretty lightweight, but it's not watery.

It is formulated with 65% rice extract and also niacinamide. Both are great for hydrating and brightening the skin. According to COSRX, it can be used as a night cream, overnight mask and even as a day cream! I have tried using this as a night cream (replacing my moisturizer) and as a sleeping mask on top of my moisturizer.

This mask is not greasy at all but very nourishing. I put this on at night and when I wake up the next morning, my skin feels softer and looks brighter and healthier. I also feel that my skin is always well-moisturized. Despite these amazing benefits, this mask does not cause any pilling. It's also non-greasy and non-sticky.



I think this mask is perfect to use when my skin is looking dull and tired. When I want that extra moisture, I apply this on top of my moisturizer. When I'm lazy but I still want that healthy glow, I use this instead of my moisturizer.

Overall, I really enjoy this mask. It's affordable, effective and it doesn't break me out. The texture is heavenly - light but not greasy & sticky. It absorbs quickly and the amount of moisture and hydration it provides is insane. My skin is also a tad brighter and a lot more revitalized.

However, if you're breaking out or your skin is red and irritated, I think you'll like the honey version more since it contains around 78% propolis extract which is a known anti-inflammatory ingredient. I find the honey one very soothing and hydrating.

It all depends on your skin type and needs. I have both masks depending on the condition of my skin. Lately my skin isn't inflammed at all so I've been using this one more. Compared to the Laneige sleeping masks, this one is definitely better since the Laneige sleeping masks are more expensive that this but they only hydrate and I find them a tad occlusive.

Have you tried anything from COSRX? Let me know!

Comments